Reflections of a New Teacher

These are my reflections beginning from my first few days as a student teacher and on...

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

You Have Chicken On Your Face

There are so many things I could say about today and yesterday, but I'm just too tired to do it right now. SO, let me share with you what is sure to be one of my funny teaching stories.

As some of you may know, I'm not big into wearing a lot of makeup if I bother to wear any at all (especially because it makes me break out). I did wear it for the first couple of weeks, but then of course I started breaking out and decided to go sans makeup for this week. I have a few blemishes on my face... but that's kind of usual for me. I've never had terrible skin, but it's never been great, either.

We were sitting down to read aloud and snack this morning. We were starting a new book, so I was introducing it and answering any questions that the kids had. One girl raised her hand emphatically just as I was about to start reading, so I called on her.

"Um, Miss? You have chicken or something on your face." (she points to her cheek)

"Oh, thanks... but that's a sore. That won't come off."

"Oh..."

And I'm thinking... thanks for pointing out my blemishes ;o)

So, yeah. Apparently a zit looks like chicken on my face? Interesting word choice :o) I won't forget it though, that's for sure...

1 Comments:

  • At 9/13/2006 07:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ha, maybe she was thinking chicken pox? Oh, she'll learn about the wonders of acne soon enough...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home