Reflections of a New Teacher

These are my reflections beginning from my first few days as a student teacher and on...

Monday, August 28, 2006

Beginning of a New Week

Blunder of the Day: This morning I got here a few minutes before my cooperating teacher (a miracle), and Friday's schedule was still on the board. I made a note to myself to erase it, but went to run an errand and make copies before I did. I returned just before the kids walked in and rushed to erase the schedule to get ready for the new one... but it was the new one. My cooperating teacher walked in halfway through and said, "Oh... that was the new one..." and I could tell she was trying to hide it but I could hear the disappointment in her voice. Haha, if I were here, I would have been rolling my eyes. I'm sure it's not a big of deal as I feel like it is, but I felt absolutely awful and stupid. I should have waited until she was back in the room so I could ask to make sure... but there's Sarah thinking she's being helpful again. Haha maybe I'm the second grader? In my defense it was the same color and Monday looks a lot like Friday... argh. So I wrote it back up (insisted that I did it instead of her, no reason to make her do it again since it was my mistake), but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the same and that I left some things out since not everything is listed in the planner in a way that the kids understand, and some things are inferred. I feel really bad about that.

Other than that, business as usual. The day went fairly well... here's to the first full week :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home